Varese Golf Club was founded in 1897 and moved to its current location in Luvinate in 1934. Today’s par 72 course is set in rolling countryside and is technically challenging. The original 9-hole layout course was designed by British course architects Bannon and Glanford and it was extended to 18 holes in the 1950s. The holes are set in a natural landscape amongst centuries’ old trees and offer spectacular views of the Monte Rosa.chain in the Italian alps and the Varese and Monate lakes, as well as the Campo dei Fiori mountain and Sacro Monte, which overlook the course. Our location on the foothills of alps means that that temperatures are fresh in summer but not too cold in the winter; in fact, the course is open all year around. Thanks its high technical level, Varese Golf Club hosted a Challenge Tour event in 2012 (Europe’s 2nd-tier for professionals), and each year it’s used for important national competitions at senior and youth level, as well as for the finals of various prestigious competitions. The course features numerous dog-leg holes, undulating terrain and tight greens. The signature hole is the 10th, a downhill par 4 with the Varese lake and the alps in the background. The Varese Golf clubhouse is set in an old convent dating from the 12th century, built by craftsmen of the Comacine guild in Lombard Romanesque style. It housed Benedictine nuns until the 16th century, when St Carlo Borromeo decreed its closure. The building features a magnificent cloister and chapel, which have been recently restored. The entrance to the area currently used for prize award ceremonies features frescos probably dating back to the 1500s. The terrace offers a magnificent panorama towards the 1st hole, Varese lake and the alps. The club house complex includes the reception, a restaurant and a pro-shop.